This recipe makes four pizza pockets. Just increase ingredients for more pizzas! There are lots of ways you can vary the recipe to meet your tastes.
- 8 slices of bread
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella or Italian blend cheese
- 16 pepperonis
- Start fire or charcoal.
- Grease inside of both sides of the pie iron with butter, oil, or nonstick cooking spray.
- Place slice of bread on one side of pie iron. Add 2 tablespoons of sauce, a sprinkle of shredded cheese, and four pepperonis. Cover with another slice of bread.
- Close and latch the pie iron.
- Place pie iron over hot coals or embers. Turn after 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. Cook an additional 1 to 2 minutes. Open iron and check for golden, crispy crust.
- Once pizza is done, pop it out and enjoy!