Kingswood Policies and Safety Guidelines
Kingswood Campsite Policies, Regulations, Safety Guidelines
- Please obey all printed notices and staff’s verbal instructions.
- Quiet hours are between 10pm and 7am No noise at all. Really! (Sound travels in the outdoors).
- No alcoholic beverages or controlled substances.
- No smoking or vaping in the barn, at the beach, or on trails. No smoking anywhere, except near your fireplace. Please dispose of all cigarette butts in the garbage.
- No fireworks, chain saws, power tools, all terrain vehicles, or weapons.
- Fires are built only in established fireplaces or in council fire circles. Flames should be less than 12 inches high. No bonfires. Cut dead fallen wood, not standing trees.
- Rowboat, kayak, and canoe hours are from 7am until dusk. Use only Kingswood boats (prevents lake contamination). All boaters must wear a life jacket which is fully fastened (the camp supplies). No one under 14 years old can be in a canoe or in a kayak without an adult. No one under 12 years old can be in a rowboat without an adult. Please go slow, stay seated, and avoid the swim area when boating or canoeing. Enter and exit boats only at the boat dock.
- Swimming is allowed only when the lifeguard or attendant is on duty. Swim hours are 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. daily. Please respect the authority of the lifeguard or attendant!
- No food, radios, or pets are allowed on the beach. You may picnic at the tables in the craft area.
- No fishing near the swim area. New York State fishing laws apply at Kingswood.
- We follow county recycling guidelines (details at camp). If you use your own trash bags, they must be clear.
- Speed limit on camp roads is 10 mph. That’s really slow. Really! So slow that you’ll feel better and enjoy camp life more if you park your vehicle and walk around the site.
- The maximum number of vehicles per campsite is two. Please park them in the designated parking area denoted by the orange posts. Cars, trucks, motorcycles, and trailers are all considered vehicles. Additional vehicles must be parked in the big parking lot by the farmhouse. No parking is permitted on the roadways.
- Well-behaved dogs are welcome, but must have proof of up-to-date rabies vaccination, must be kept leashed, and must stay off the beach.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult when at the waterfront areas, the playground, and at programs.
All Kingswood policies are located in the Manager’s Handbook at the Farmhouse.
Campers who repeatedly ignore rules, misbehave, or are disrespectful will be asked to leave.